- The 2018 Churchwide Gathering of Presbyterian Women will be held August 2–5, 2018 in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 2018 is also the year that PW celebrates its 30th anniversary!
- This email lands in your inbox 30 months from opening plenary (give or take a few days)!
- And, each month for 30 months, you will receive an email like this one to help you prepare, promote and plan for the 2018 Gathering.
Things to note
Light is the theme of the Gathering. As we prepare for the Gathering, we’ll explore the many meanings of light in scripture and in our lives.
The PW Share Challenge makes it easy for you to share these emails with others (and perhaps add your own sentence or two about the Gathering because, let’s face it, not every PW knows about the Gathering). Simply use the Forward button, located at the bottom of the page, to share this email with a friend or friends. One randomly chosen person who forwards the email will receive a small token of appreciation and perhaps a bit of celebrity on the next email. There will be (here’s that number again!) 30 opportunities to share and be chosen!
Save a dollar a day for 30 months to put toward your Gathering expenses. Subsequent Gathering emails will include a Churchwide Savings Calculator based on this calculation. Start today!
Because 2018 is also the 30th anniversary of PW, each email will include a 30th Anniversary Challenge question about something in PW’s 30-year history. For example, this is the first email; 1988 is the first year of PW.
The 1988 Churchwide Challenge question is:
- Where was the 1988 Churchwide Gathering of Presbyterian Women held? (and, just for fun, some bonus questions)
- Which two predecessor organizations joined to become Presbyterian Women in 1988?
- Who was the first moderator of Presbyterian Women (elected in 1988)?
(Visit www.presbyterianwomen.org for an answer sheet that you can fill out and bring to the Gathering. Details to come!)
The Mission Pledge is PW’s annual fund that makes possible every mission, program and resource of PW, including the Churchwide Gathering. Give now to support Presbyterian Women’s witness in the world.