Sisters Stand and Walk Together (SSWT) a program of Presbyterian Women in the Synod of the Northeast (PWSNE) established in 2004, was first designed to familiarize new immigrant women to the Presbyterian Church (USA) and to Presbyterian Women. Women from many areas of the world have graduated from the program. Some of have become leaders in Presbyterian Women in the Synod of the Northeast and Presbyterian Women PCUSA as well as expanding their role in Presbyterian Church USA by attending and graduating from a theological seminary.
As the program evolved PWSNE discovered that the SSWT program not only had a value for immigrant women, but had value for all Presbyterian Women at congregational and Presbytery levels. With this in mind, the approach and curriculum were revised and introduced October 2015 at PWSNE’s annual meeting. A packet outlining the revised curriculum is now available for a given group at either the congregational or presbytery level.
The packet contains an introduction to the revised SSWT program and suggested steps to follow in organizing for your specific group. There is an outline for each suggested topic. Financial support from PWSNE for this program is available.
The suggested curriculum:
- Getting Acquainted
- How to Plan a Worship Service
- Book of Order
- PW Manual (for each participant)
- How to Plan a Workshop
- Separation of Church and State (optional)
- Resource Ctrs(prayer/music/movement)
- Education (Personality/Communications Skills: seek a professional facilitator)
- Putting it all together
- Taking it to the World…How? What else is missing? (the next step)
To obtain a copy of the revised curriculum and session outline packet contact Maxine G. Hunter, Moderator of PWSNE, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want help starting and adapting this program? Contact:
- Anne Reynolds, author of program, at 315-823-2680 or email@example.com
- Denise Kennedy, past coordinator of SSWT at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlotte Hasselbarth, PWSNE Representative (2014-2017) to the Churchwide Coordinating Team at email@example.com
- Maxine G. Hunter, PWSNE Moderator, (2014-2017) at firstname.lastname@example.org