Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery of Albany
Avila Retirement Community
100 White Pine Drive, Albany, New York 12203
Saturday, April 6, 2019 – 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
Presentations begin at 1 pm.
Keeping Girls in School
Roe Vickery, MoonCatcher Project Grant Writing Committee Chair will speak on the establishment of sewing cooperatives in undeveloped countries to make reusable menstrual hygiene products.
Fatmata Hilton, President of Susu Women’s Club and member of Westminster Presbyterian Women will speak on the issues in Liberia and Sierra Leone (her native country) that prevent girls from getting an education.
Lyn Kucij, a Physician Assistant, will speak on the educational program that accompanies the distribution of MoonCatchers reusable menstrual hygiene kits.
– Advance reservations are required for the complementary lunch. RSVP by Sun., Mar. 31 to Charlotte Hasselbarth at 518-356-0637 or email@example.com
– Registration fee of $5.00 will be collected at the door.
– A freewill offering will be split between The MoonCatcher Project and Mass Orphans Mission, in Freetown, Sierra Leone. It is home to 200 children, many of whom were orphaned in the deadly 2014 Ebola epidemic.
– Bring feminine hygiene items for the MoonCatcher Project
– Optional tour of Avila at 2:30 pm by Avila’s Director of Marketing
Directions to Avila Retirement Community
If you need additional directions, call the Avila Front Desk at 518 452-4250
– When heading west on Washington Avenue Extension, turn left at the second traffic light after the junction with Fuller Road.
– Sign for Avila will be straight ahead. The street is called Columbus Circle and leads you past Daughters of Sarah Nursing Home.
– There are three Avila entrances on your left.
– After the bus stop, take the next (second) entrance for the large general parking lot.
– Take the third entrance for the small handicapped entrance or to leave a passenger at the front door of the Avila Main Building.
Click for Flyer
You must be logged in to post a comment.